The Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley, INC a non-profit serving the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities of the Greater Rochester area is seeking candidates for a full-time position as:
Resource Center Administrator
The successful candidate of this important position will oversee the operation of the Rochester LGBTQ Resource Center and the Gay Alliance offices. Including scheduling, clerical duties, maintenance, planning and project-based work. The position will also provide administrative support to the agency, the Executive Director.
Associates degree required; bachelor or better preferred.
Job Title: Resource Center Administrator
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time. Non-Exempt.
Position Summary: Responsible for managing the administrative functions of the Gay Alliance and the Rochester LGBTQ Resource Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the office volunteer program by scheduling volunteers, conducting training for new volunteers and supervising volunteers once they are onboard.
- Oversee the operation of the Rochester LGBTQ Resource Center – including scheduling, staffing and maintenance.
- Oversee Gay Alliance electronic communications including; website, and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as well as the Gay Alliance on-line Resource Directory and Community Events schedule.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to answering phones, ordering office supplies, photocopying, faxing, filing, and taking notes at meetings.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems for agency documents.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, office supply inventory, and facilities. Research costs and gather bids from vendors.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Use agencies CRM database to create and send the agency’s E-news.
- Create, modify and organize documents using Microsoft products and other technology.
- Manage relationships with volunteers, visitors, advertisers, customers, and sponsors.
- Participate in the planning of meetings and special events.
- Remain current on LGBTQ-related news, events, and resources in the region, state and nation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience
- Associate degree required; bachelor degree preferred.
- One year of workplace experience.
- Experience planning and managing special events.
- Skills and Abilities
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Google and Quickbooks products and technologies.
- Ability to relate well to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions.
- Knowledge of key issues relevant to the needs and concerns of the LGBTQ communities.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Additional Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to a fully insured vehicle for work-related travel.
- Must have the ability to work occasional evening/weekend hours.
- Must project a professional image in-person, on the telephone and in written communications and exhibit genuine enthusiasm for LGBTQ life and culture.
- Preferred Skills
- Experience scheduling, managing, supervising employees/volunteers.
- Experience with Microsoft, Google and Quickbooks products and technologies
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: WordPress, HTML, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, HootSuite, Trailblazer
Please send Cover Letter and Resume before February 19, 2016 to:
100 College Ave #110
Rochester NY 14607
Or electronically to ScottF@gayalliance.org with CENTER ADMIN in the subject line.
Please, no phone inquiries.